Sad to say I’ve had to give up my little knitting club for the time being. Work pressures mean I can’t always be available to the school so have handed the reins over to Mrs Kane . I’ve learnt loads from my team of Year 4 and 5 novice knitters and I hope they feel the same. I’m chuffed to bits that I leave them all, knowing how to cast on, knit and cast off. The world is their oyster!
Here are som things I’ve learnt from knitting club;
- Eight and nine year olds LOVE Taylor Swift and, given the chance will sing all lesson.
- I don’t like Taylor Swift
- It’s much easier for kids to cast on with the finger method than with two needles
- Boys get as much out of knitting as girls
- Knitting with kids is a great way to engage them in conversation and get to know what people are up to. Kind of like a stitch and bitch for the under 12’s
- Ripping out and starting again is the best way to learn
- Kids are inspiring, energetic and enthusiastic about the smallest things. Its GREAT!
Hopefully, I’ll be able to pick this up again soon but in the meantime I’ve been sent a gorgeous card from them all…