This week it’s National Wool Week so we’re having a break from The Weekly Glint to celebrate.
The Campaign For Real Wool has teamed up with the crafter’s favourite department store, John Lewis, to host a week’s worth of free (yes free!) knitting classes to celebrate the wonders of wool. The classes are free to attend, some are bookable, some drop in sessions and are based at the Oxford Street, London and Edinburgh stores. With a focus on fashion patterns and stylish knits, the classes are hosted by a variety of celebrated knitting experts;
- Erika Knight brings her fashion industry background to the project and will teach guests how to knit a detachable collar and the art of plaid
- Rowan Yarns will teach the art of the chunky winter snood using a limited edition pattern devised speciality for Wool Week
- Knitting collective Wool And The Gang believe fashion can be fast and sustainable, they bring ‘Men Only’ knitting classes to John Lewis for the first time. They will be teaching beanie hats and chunky scarf knitting for men and children throughout their day
- Christmas jumper maverick Sue Stratford will be teaching fair-isle jumper knitting for all levels
- MillaMia and Arne & Carlos bring all the chic of Scandinavian knit design to their classes. For the mums – MillaMia will be teaching their popular ‘Ollie Baby Hat’ design
- Norwegian designers Arne & Carlos will showcase double pointed needle knitting
To register or check class schedules visit http://www.campaignforwool.org or drop into the John Lewis Haberdashery Department in John Lewis Edinburgh and London Oxford Street.